“It’s slightly de-legitimizing to the Olympic Team that nobody from the World Cup winning team is on the squad, although I don’t think the IQA or Quidditch community is worried about that,” says a Midd nominated player.
Agree or disagree? COMMENCE RIOT?
There are a lot of teams that play just for fun and don’t take the sport too seriously. Actually, people play the game hard, but always have fun and have a mutual respect for each other. My question is this. The fun and excitement is still there with quidditch (maybe it’s even grown larger).,…but why is it that when bigger schools started playing and teams started getting a lot better, Middlebury stopped playing games? Yea, you’re a small Liberal Arts school. I understand that. I went to a small Liberal Arts School in North Carolina, now i’m at a big school in Maryland. But, did you not beat these schools at the World Cup?
One thing about Team USA that this person doesn’t realize is this: The person talks about the fun or quidditch. The COMMUNITY is a huge part of that! Social Networking, tournaments, events, etc. I’ve been to tournaments with Maryland, the Marauders Merc team, played scrimmages in NYC, played on the NE All-Stars, practice with other teams, and I volunteer for the IQA. I’ve played in more tournaments than the people that run UMD Quidditch, and they’ve been on the team longer than I have. I love quidditch and will do almost anything for it. I haven’t played with nor I have seen most of my Team USA teammates play before. HOWEVER, I heard about/of almost every last one of them through the quidditch community. We’re a tightly knit family and sometimes it feels like Middlebury doesn’t do that or they think they’re too legendary to do that.
You don’t hear about Middlebury doing things for quidditch and that kind of worries/saddens me.
The New York Yankees (as much as I dislike them) don’t skip 162 games and expect Derek Jeter to be selected to an All-Star game based on what he’s done throughout his career. It’s based on THIS season. They don’t skip 162 games and then just expect to play in the World Series because they’ve won 27 World Titles already.
Very well said my good sir. And may I just add, the way you play the keeper position and how you destroyed my UR team at the Blacksburg Brawl Final are an inspiration to me. A tip of the cap to you and enjoy the Olympics!!!!Source: thegoldensnitchy
- jessiemakeslovenothorcruxes reblogged this from ccubs29
- silentresentment likes this
- muthafuckinarchive reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy
- beatertroll reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy and added:
- witchy-of-hogwarts likes this
- instant-oatmeal likes this
- nottodaydeathnottoday reblogged this from hotep-king and added:
- cp-quidditch-gal likes this
- bloodlaced reblogged this from fuckyesquidditch and added:
- extrarforreal likes this
- fuckyesquidditch reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy
- fuckyesquidditch likes this
- phantom-bear likes this
- kedzct reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy and added:
- ccubs29 reblogged this from hotep-king and added:
- ccubs29 likes this
- hotep-king reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy and added:
- imflylikequidditch reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy and added:
- justabrowncoatedwench likes this
- rebeccam12 reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy and added:
- nottodaydeathnottoday likes this
- thegoldensnitchy likes this
- beeeeeks reblogged this from thegoldensnitchy
- thegoldensnitchy posted this